Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Blog of the Week January 28, 2007

Okay I really need to change the name of this series of salutes to my favorite bloggers as I've clearly fell way behind in posting weekly. Sheesh.

But, the good news is I should be updating this series a lil more often in the upcoming future as I've found some great new blogs and have made some great new friends that I think ya'll will love to meet too. =)

Firstly, I can't quite control myself when gushing over this blog (but I'm going to).. it's not your average foodie blog where you'll find excellent recipes, but more of a food product review blog. I stumbled upon this blog about a month ago and I check every single day hoping he'll have updated.

The man I speak of is Marvo (short for Marvin) and his food product review blog is The Impulsive Buy. You MUST go read. You will be giggling from the beginning and belly laughing by the end. Marvo has taken upon himself the, not so easy at times, task of taste testing many food products out on the market. The best way to get an idea of what his blog is all about is to go here and read the "About" and FAQ - even that will crack you up.

I don't even want to say too much more about Marvo and his blog because I want you to go experience for yourself. Really. Go now.

And all I'm going to say to end this is: I heart Marvo. =)

Labels:

Comments on "Blog of the Week January 28, 2007"

 

Blogger Laura Rebecca said ... (1/28/2007 2:39 PM) : 

I LOVE The Impulsive Buy. When I first discovered it, I didn't know whether to be totally smitten or completely envious that I didn't think of the idea first. ;)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/28/2007 4:57 PM) : 

Lis,

Thanks for pointing us over to The Impulsive Buy! I nearly had coffee spewing out my nose within a few seconds, it was great!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/29/2007 3:04 AM) : 

I'm sorry I don't update every day. :-(

If I had a clones, we would be updating every day and recreating Parent Trap-like movies, but since cloning is illegal in the United States, two reviews a week is all I can produce.

Thanks for reading and thanks for this post!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (1/29/2007 5:57 AM) : 

LR - I KNOW! hehee

Jerry - Aww am glad to do the pointing. :D

Marvo - HOLY CRAP! I didn't expect you'd EVER see this. I guess I can understand why only 2 posts a week - I guess.
Thanks for commenting! And you're welcome =)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/29/2007 1:03 PM) : 

Lisa, you are so right! A man with knowledge of all things new, and a sense of humor. Thanks for the tip

 

Blogger Acme Instant Food said ... (1/29/2007 1:42 PM) : 

I started a "MARVO FOR PRESIDENT" campaign on my site a few months ago, but Hillary's hired thugs showed up at my door and threatened to scratch my new Le Creuset flame-colored French Oven. She's sooooo touchy.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/29/2007 3:15 PM) : 

Oh my gosh... I am already laughing so hard just from reading his Unilever post. Hilarious!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (1/29/2007 6:09 PM) : 

Sandi - you're welcome! :D

Kev - GET OUT!! You got the flame french oven??? I'M SO JEALOUS!!!! Ohh and very happy for you.. hee! I'd vote Marvo for President any day - screw Hilary and her goons! :)

Kristen - I KNOW! Isn't he a riot? lol

 

post a comment