Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Simple is Sometimes Incredibly Good!

This was last week - so tired after work and didn't want to mess in the kitchen for long. I knew it was going to be a hectic day when I woke up so I took a pork tenderloin out of the freezer - they are so flavorful and easy to cook.

Well then I forgot about it.. and didn't think about dinner again until about 10 minutes before leaving work for the day. I did a quick search on recipezaar and allrecipes - and to be truthful, even though it's only been a week, I can't think of which site I found this on! I do know that it was the first recipe I found that didn't call for marinating for hours. The recipe is super easy, quick and only has 5 ingredients. At that point, all I wanted to do was get home, get in my jammies and make a cup of tea, so I didn't really care that it probably wouldn't be a great recipe. Like I said, the pork tenderloin is so flavorful and tender anyway - you really can't screw one up.

After an hour or so of unwinding, I looked at the recipe again and realized I had no fresh tomatoes - so I opened a can of diced tomatoes, the kind with the onions and garlic added. I couldn't even be bothered with peeling and mincing cloves of garlic, so I used 2 tsps. of the minced garlic in a bottle. I just had no gumption whatsoever that evening. As long as it was edible and hot, I didn't care. Ever have days like that?

Well was I happily surprised 30 minutes after I put this dish together. The diced tomatoes and garlic roasted in the oven as you place them next to the pork in a large roasting pan, instead of on or under the pork.. the pork was tender, juicy and had lots of flavor after seasoning it with salt, pepper and a lil garlic rubbed in. Combine the two and we had one of the tastiest, quick pork tenderloin dinners I've ever had. It was fabulous!! I had put more energy and time into the smashed potatoes that went with the pork - and they didn't turn out nearly as good! ha!

Quick night.. tired as hell.. no energy whatsoever? Try this recipe. You will NOT be disappointed.

The easiest most flavorful pork tenderloin EVER
Super Easy and Amazingly Tasty Pork Tenderloin

Serves 2
1 pork tenderloin
1 can (14 oz? 10 oz? the regular size) of diced tomatoes with garlic and onion added
2 tsp. minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
olive oil
12 oz. fresh mushrooms (I didn't have them so I omitted them)

Preheat oven to 425º F.

In a rather large roasting pan, combine the tomatoes and garlic, season with S&P - spread in an even layer on one side of the pan, then drizzle a lil olive oil over the top. Place the tenderloin, also seasoned with S&P and a lil garlic, next to the tomatoes on the other side of the roasting pan. Place in preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 160º F.

Labels: ,

Comments on "Simple is Sometimes Incredibly Good!"

 

Blogger Brilynn said ... (12/13/2006 9:19 AM) : 

I'm a big fan of stuffing pork tenderloin, but clearly, I don't think you had any energy for pounding away at it with a mallet... maybe next time...

And about that dinner I now have to cook you... stupid challenging me...

 

Blogger Helene said ... (12/13/2006 2:04 PM) : 

Usualluy when we have days like this we don't even bother cooking...straight to the Greek place around the corner, so I admire you for even doing a homecooked meal!

 

Blogger Orchidea said ... (12/13/2006 3:00 PM) : 

I totally agree with you... nice dish.
Ciao.

 

Blogger Sara said ... (12/14/2006 11:39 AM) : 

It seems like every day is a day like that for me lately.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/15/2006 6:15 AM) : 

Whenever fresh tomato out of season or doesn't look good, I rather use the can as it's really better. Succulent pork you made! I'm a big pork fan *oink oink*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/15/2006 11:56 AM) : 

Dinner in a pinch... looks like you did a great job!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (12/15/2006 7:41 PM) : 

Brilynn - I don't think I've ever stuffed one.. wouldn't mind a recipe or two ;)

Oh and that dinner? We like beef, chicken, seafood.. Italian, Mexican, French.. etc. We're pretty easy. *grin*

Helene - hehe thanks!

Orchidea - Thank you!

Sara - You'd never tell by your blog. I'm loving the alphabet foods!

Gattina - I agree about the tomatoes =)

Kristen - Why thank you =)

 

post a comment