Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My Two Favorite Spaces

As I mentioned a few days ago, the beautiful Ilva has made a request to see pictures of our kitchens. I am only too happy to oblige as I heart my lil kitchen to bits. :D

My Kitchen - West wall

This is my kitchen's west wall looking out to our backyard. When we first moved in, I hired my friend, Beth, to paint a few rooms in my house - and the kitchen and dining area were the first two she hit. I wanted a Tuscan feeling - mainly the look of plaster chipping off a brick wall with the brick peeking through. I also wanted lots of curly whimsical vines and grapes. She gave it all to me and I was very pleased with the results. =) Below are just some different views:

My Kitchen - East wall

The east wall - the fridge is now barely noticeable as the front and sides are pretty much covered up by pictures of my nieces and nephews!

My Kitchen - East Wall looking into living room

This angle just shows that my kitchen opens up into my living room.

My living room looking into the dining room

And this picture is my living room looking into the dining area - which seems to be the only picture I took of the dining area. If you look on top of the bookshelf you'll see a picture of Chloe when she was a puppy - she use to literally fall asleep in her water bowl. hee!

Below are pictures of my office - my 2nd most favorite place in my house =)

My office - My desk

The office has a nautical theme and Beth painted the walls to look like wood planks. Yes, you don't see much blue wood around, but I saw a picture of a room with blue wood walls so I hadda have it. :D This is my desk, btw. If you look closely at my monitor, you will see a picture on my desktop of a breathtaking view of an italian hillside. This picture was taken by Ilva many months ago (back when this picture of my office was taken) and I fell in love with it so much that I made it into my wallpaper so I could look at it alla time.

Hubbs' desk

This is Hubbs' tiny lil desk, with my old Gateway PC - that he uses to play online poker and read up on where the good fishin' is happenin'. hee!

So there you have it.. the 2 spaces where I spend all my time. Now it's your turn! Show us yours! :D

Whoops! I forgot to include the e-mail address - so please send your permalink to Ilva so she can add it to the round up! =)

xoxo

Labels: ,

Comments on "My Two Favorite Spaces"

 

Blogger Ilva said ... (12/27/2006 7:21 AM) : 

Thanks! I didn't expect that anyone would join but now you are three so soon I will make a small roundup to be updated if there are others! You have a lovely kitchen, I love the painted plant that's trailing along! And I'm moved by the fact that you keep that pic as a wall paper on your computer... thanks!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/27/2006 10:45 AM) : 

So that's where all the magic happens! Your kitchen is so cute!

 

Blogger Orchidea said ... (12/27/2006 12:08 PM) : 

Nice and BIG kitchen you have... mine is small but very nice too and I spend a lot of my time there.
Ciao.

 

Blogger Caribbean Dreamer said ... (12/27/2006 9:25 PM) : 

Looks nice Lis! I want to participate but am out of town until the weekend. I'll post about my kitchen as soon as I get back!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (12/28/2006 9:33 AM) : 

Ilva - I can't wait to see the round-up =) Ohh yes, that's still my most favorite of all your pictures! I bid on the pictures for Menu for Hope - I would be honored to display them in my kitchen :D

Ivonne - Why thank you, sweetie!

Orchidea - It really is small too (must be the pictures) - but that's okay, less space for me to clean up after. hehe

Alison - I can't wait to see your post! Hope you are having a great time! =)

 

Blogger Gattina Cheung said ... (12/28/2006 9:53 AM) : 

What a lovely lovely lovely cucina!!! Your friend Beth did a beautiful job, but you sure have a great taste Lis! ah-ha, your desk is much bigger than your hubby's :D
After I posted mine, will let you know :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/28/2006 10:29 AM) : 

I love seeing kitchens. You do have a nice big kitchen... lots of great cooking space there!

 

Blogger Meeta K. Wolff said ... (12/28/2006 4:28 PM) : 

Hey Chica! I love the cucina!

The puzzle pieces are coming nicely together. You as an elf dancing in your Tuscan kitchen. What a beautiful vision!

I just got my post up too and find Ilva's idea fantastic.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/28/2006 11:28 PM) : 

Your kitchen is adorable! I like the peeling plaster revealing brick effect. I also love the tuscan theme.

 

Blogger Sally said ... (12/29/2006 8:11 AM) : 

I love your kitchen! The painted walls are fab!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/11/2007 10:07 AM) : 

Wow, what a wonderful friend to do all that painting to such terrific effect in wonderful space. So much neater when you really influenced the space yourself.
Seeing your kitchen makes it all that much better doesn't it. Love your spaces.

 

Blogger Kalyn Denny said ... (1/11/2007 7:56 PM) : 

The kitchen looks great. I have a fridge covered with photos too!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/11/2007 10:37 PM) : 

Thank you for welcoming us into your cucina, it is so warm. I realy love the tuscan wall finish...looks like mine (only better!)

 

Blogger Mandira said ... (1/11/2007 11:18 PM) : 

Thanks for welcoming us to your cucina. You have so many plants in the kitchen. Looks great!

 

Blogger Anjali Koli said ... (1/12/2007 12:30 AM) : 

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Blogger Anjali Koli said ... (1/12/2007 12:32 AM) : 

Ilva has started a new experience for us. Thanks for sharing.

 

Blogger Lis said ... (1/13/2007 8:02 AM) : 

Thanks everyone =) I've been slowly working my way through Ilva's round up and in doing so, I've seen many of your kitchens - I love how they tell me more about you! This was a great idea.. it makes me feel good to see where everyone's "magic" is created! :D

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/13/2007 9:17 PM) : 

I love that Tuscan feel too.

It makes me dreamy.

 

Blogger Mahek said ... (1/15/2007 7:33 AM) : 

I can only say WOW!!!!!!!!!
your house seems to be out of the books . i am from india and here we have mostly flats or apartments to stay. i ask my sister to buy me a book called country living which i just love and your home looks just out of that magazine so cosy and warm.
thanks for sharing it with us.

 

post a comment