Malto Mario


Feast


The Lady & Sons


1,000 Italian Recipes

Sunday, May 28, 2006

WDB #36

Smiling for the camera
It's warm! It's only 8:30 in the morning! Could summer FINALLY be here? Chloe thinks so.. from the minute we wake up she demands to go outside and stay there.. she's either investigating the corners of the yard, playing with her numerous balls or soaking up the sun on our deck. I got lucky and snapped this in between her warm-weather activities :D

Neighborhood watch
Nigel, also known as the "little prince", likes the warm weather as well, but prefers to be inside sitting on the back of the sofa watching what goes on outside through our living room windows. Gawd forbid a neighbor decides to walk down his street without him knowing! teeee!

See what everyone else is doing on this warm summery day at Sweetnicks!

Labels:

Comments on "WDB #36"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/28/2006 11:35 PM) : 

Hallo kids! Hehehe, I love Chloe's expression - she *almost* gets away with looking wide-eyed and innocent! And Nigel looks adorable and fluffy, as always!

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/29/2006 6:43 AM) : 

lol I wish you could see her expressions right after she does something naughty (which is often).. her eyes get all wide and her ears perk up and she tilts her head to the left and looks as if she's completely shocked that whatever it was she had done was wrong. Yeah staying mad at her is quite impossible ;)

I've often wondered.. although her breed is "Australian Shepard" her historical roots come from Spain.. do you see many of these dogs in Australia?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5/29/2006 8:12 AM) : 

I've never actually seen (or heard of) Chloe's breed before! A bit of a shame as she's such a stunner!

As far as I'm aware, the only dog breed to have originated here in Aussieland is the Australian Heeler (oft referred to as blue heelers), which are these compact, muscly bodies full of frantic energy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Heeler

- Ellie

P.S. Has blogger changed their commenting format? When I put in 'other' on the form, it doesn't let me put in my own info?

 

Blogger Lis said ... (5/29/2006 9:18 AM) : 

I have no idea if they have or not, I'll look into it.

I just checked out wikipedia and found some interesting info regarding the "mini" australian shepard.. whose description better fits Chloe.. I'm wondering if we have a mini?? She is small compared to other Aussie Sheps I've met, but her breed papers don't say anything about her being a mini - she wasn't the runt of the litter either.. hmmm.. interesting. Not that it matters, but interesting nonetheless :)

 

post a comment